Sunday, February 13, 2005

Which Book of the Bible are you?

http://quizilla.com/users/reflectedgrace/quizzes/Which%20book%20of%20the%20Bible%20are%20you?/

I took this little quiz to see what book of the Bible I am.

I am Ephesians

"Chances are you've made a couple of whopper mistakes in your life. . . 'cause it's usually people like you who really understand their position in Christ. You know it's not by might, not by power, and certainly not through works, but only through the blood of Christ. That's all there is that's standing between you and the Father. . . and that's all you need. People find you to be more generally grace-filled than most. You are attractive to the faith, and usually a bit on the non-traditional side."

Well, I'd say that comes very close to summing it up. I am not sure my mistakes were "whoppers", but I am very much aware of my own depravity. I know that it is only by grace that I am saved, and that this grace is purely a gift from a Merciful Heavenly Father, who chose me in spite of my flaws.

Yet, even though I am constantly in awe of the grace of God, in my life, and in general, I can be exacting and determined to teach solid doctrine. Some would say I am a "prophet", in the Bill Gothard sense of the word. I love the Bible, and have little patience with those who just "love Jesus" and want to get along with everybody, regardless of what the Scriptures would say.

As far as being a bit on the non-traditional side, let's see. I have 12 children...I guess that is a bit strange. I have homeschooled since 1983, and although homeschooling is much more prevalent today than it was back then, still it is a small percentage of the population that practices it. I read theology books for fun, and am pursuing a Bachelor of Theology at the ripe old age of fifty. That is not exactly traditional, I guess.

So, if I were to classify myself as a book of the Bible, Ephesians would be it.

Ephesians 2:4 ¶ But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Lord, thank You that you are rich in mercy, and that You brought me out of darkness into Your marvellous light. Thank You that I can delight in You each and every day. Help me to indeed be filled with grace when I interact with Your image-bearers. Keep me from being impatient, and help me to be slow to speak, quick to listen, and ready to encourage others to follow You.

In the precious name of Christ, I pray.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hi, I'm a Romans. No big surprise, there...

Rambling Rose Cottage said...

I stumbled upon your blog. I'm a Christian homeschooling mom too. Thank you for sharing