Thursday, August 12, 2004

Rebekah's Birthday

Yesterday was my first granddaughter's second birthday. I talked to her on the phone, and she refused to say a word, until Daddy told her to say good-bye. Then, her sweet little voice came through loud and clear, "Bye, Granny!"

What a joy it is to be a grandmother!

Psalms 103:17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children‘s children;


Proverbs 17:6 Children‘s children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers.

Since January of 1999, the Lord has graciously given us 8 beautiful grandchildren, six boys and two girls. Until I became a grandmother, I would not have believed that I could love any babies more than my own, yet, as a Granny, I can tell you that God gives the same measure of love and concern for grandchildren as He does for one's children.

We are to provide an inheritance for our children's children. Perhaps that will not be much of a monetary inheritance, but my prayer is that I would be able to provide a wonderful spiritual inheritance. Like Jonathan Edwards' family, I hope and pray that our family will impact many generations with ambassadors for Christ, members of the family that know the Lord and seek to serve Him wholeheartedly.

Lord, thank you so much for Your blessings on our family. I know that in me dwells no good thing, and that any godliness on my part is solely because of Your grace. Please continue to bless us, to keep us, to raise up a mighty seed that will bring glory to you for generations and generations to come.

In Christ, I pray.

Grannymom...aka Janet

No comments: