Friday, March 21, 2008

Blessed Mother that I am...

I had a rough day. Spent most of the day in bed with a stomach flu that left me weak, shaky, headachey, and nauseated. Not much energy to do anything. I slept, I read, I sipped tea.

Later on in the day I found the energy to drag myself to the couch, where I watched "Davy Crockett and the River Pirates" and "The Rescuers" with my children.

I really hate days like this. My "Type-A" Personality makes me want to accomplish something every day, and I don't like to be in a position where I don't get anything crossed off my never-ending, ever-growing list of things to do. However, I do know that God at times chooses to slow me down and give me a reminder that the world will go on without me. Today was one of those days.

I was about to head to bed when my dear Linda told me that she linked to my blog and added a quote from Tertullian. I had to check it out!

Linda's post, Reflecting at Easter-time, blessed my heart. My daughter is a woman after God's own heart. She is creative, gentle, intelligent and articulate. Most of all, she loves the Lord with all of her heart, soul, mind and strength. She is passionate about justice and gets angry with fools, and on top of that she has the greatest sense of humour! She is the family's "official jester", as appointed by her oldest sister.

So, I don't have anything to say tonight, except this: I am blessed. Go read Linda's post to see why.

No comments: