Thursday, July 24, 2008

Living Grace


I was blessed today by the words of Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones, preaching a sermon called "The End of the Age".

Dr. Lloyd-Jones made the point that this world is NOT our home. We're just camping out. We're sojourners here, on our way to eternity. This life will be over in the blink of an eye, and then what will we do? We'll find ourselves standing before an utterly holy God.


Actually, we won't be standing. We'll fall on our knees, worshipping.

And if not that, then we'll bow the knee anyway. Every knee shall bow, and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

It's amazing to me that I can sit in my own living room and listen to one of the great preachers, long since gone on to glory, expounding a passage of Scripture that impacts me today.

Don't miss it!

No comments: