Sunday, January 13, 2008

Clean Heart - 2 - My Confusion or God's Peace?

"For God is not the author of confusion but of peace..." 1 Corinthians 14:33

I dug up my tattered and torn ancient Webster's dictionary.

confuse - from "pour together". To bring to ruin or naught. To perplex, disconcert. Synonyms: discompose, fluster, upset, disarrange.

author - originator, creator, maker

peace - tranquility, quiet. No disturbance or war. Harmony. Freedom from fears, agitating passions, moral conflict.

I have been confused, often. I know what it is to feel agitated, disconcerted, flustered and upset. Not nice at all.

But God is not the originator of confusion. It comes from he who is NOT-God --> Satan, the enemy. It is that snake who likes to see our homes filled with discord and conflict, fear and perplexity. He wants to ruin us and bring us to naught.

But God. God is the One who thought up peace. And He is the One who wants to see our homes become places of harmony and tranquility.

There are a few reasons for the confusion I experience:

1. I live with a bunch of sinners.
2. I am not disciplined enough to stick to the routine.
3. I fail to require my children to stick to the routine.
4. We are still climbing through a mountain of paperwork from the renovations.

Lack of order always destroys peace and creates confusion. To be an image-bearer, I must have a plan, goals, and order.

We do have a routine that would guarantee that the house remains in tip-top shape. On paper, that is. It's the discipline to stick to the plan that is required to make our lives more harmonious.

The good news is that we are 80% there. We have made many changes in order to have a place for everything and everything in its place. The laundry room was renovated, as was the downstairs bathroom. The children's bedrooms are getting there. My bedroom is orderly...I can even walk into my walk-in closet! Rick has socks in his drawer.

Goals for this week:

1. Maintain the routines. Make sure that what is on paper is carried out.
2. Sort all of the papers on the two tables.
3. SEEK GOD

Oh, Father, You are not the Author of confusion, but of peace. You have blessed us so much. We have all the resources we need to live in harmony before the face of God. There is no reason for confusion when we are Your children, walking with You. But we forget, and try to run ahead of you. We take our hands out of Your hand, thinking we know the way. We forget that we are weak and helpless, and that we need Your guidance.

Walk with me this week, Lord. Give me grace and wisdom to accomplish those goals. Thank You that You have answered my heart's desire for peace and order in our home. You have blessed us beyond imagination and given us what we do not deserve. We are forever grateful.

No comments: