Monday, June 30, 2008

Psalm 84

Psalm 84
1 ¶ To the chief Musician upon Gittith, A Psalm for the sons of Korah.
How amiable are thy tabernacles, O LORD of hosts!
2 My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD:
my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.
3 Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may lay her young,
even thine altars, O LORD of hosts, my King, and my God.
4 Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be still praising thee. Selah.
5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee; in whose heart are the ways of them.
6 Who passing through the valley of Baca make it a well; the rain also filleth the pools.
7 They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God.
8 ¶ O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer: give ear, O God of Jacob. Selah.
9 Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed.
10 For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand.
I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.
11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield:
the LORD will give grace and glory:
no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
12 O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.



Oh, Lord, when I think about heaven, knowing that right now I am IN CHRIST, and heaven is my dwelling place, I long to know you more. I want to live with You this day, moment by moment. My heart and my flesh cry out for the Living God!

Those who have gone on before me are truly blessed - they are dwelling in the house of the Lord. 4 Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be still praising thee. But I, too, am journeying towards my real home, and my strength is in You. Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee. I am truly blessed.

The Valleys are designed by You, and I have experienced the joy in fellowship with those who know You like I do. No matter how dreary the valley, we who know You have Your strength, and there is joy in the journey.

Jesus is my Shield. I can appear before God, and the door to His House is open to me because of the Anointed One. Praise HIM.

I truly would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than dwell in a mansion anywhere else.

Father, you are the Light that shines, no matter how dark it is. You are the Protector of Your children. You are completely trustworthy. In Your time, you will bestow favour and honour to Your children.

We are truly blessed, because we trust in You.

Lord, help Nicol, help all those who have lost their children, to think about verse four: those little ones are dwelling in Your house, ever praising you! Help these hurting moms and dads to make their Valleys into a place of springs. Be their Sun and their Shield, and let them dwell with the birds in a place near your altar. Draw them close, Lord, and help them to go from strength to strength.

In Christ, I pray.

Amen

No comments: